I don't know about you but I'm a perfectionist, I always have been. I can't rest until things are as perfect as they possibly can be. This frame of mind has it's obvious perks but sometimes it can be a drag and I really wish that sometimes I just didn't give a sh*t haha. Here are some of the things that I do that irritate me and others around me!
- My make-up takes 10 times longer than it normally should to do, much to the annoyance of everyone waiting on me.
- I stay up until 2am finishing assignments/blog posts/lesson plans etc because I need to get them 'on point' and it can never wait until morning.
- Scruffy, chipped nails cause me so much unnecessary stress.
- I won't let anyone help me do anything because I know it won't be up to my standards.
- Fake tanning is the biggest effort. It never seems to be completely seamless so I don't bother doing it at all. Therefore, I'm pasty all year round!
- I'm rubbish at teaching small kids to do things because when they don't do it right it drives me potty.
- I will obsess over my blog design, no matter what there will always be something wrong. I would almost lose sleep at night over something like the space between my social media icons being uneven.
- Clothes must match. At all times.....or else! Even if I'm at home all day, it would literally pain me to wear clashing colours or patterns.
Do you have to cope with being a perfectionist too? It can be stressful can't it? haha! Let me know in the comments if there is anything you would like to add to this list. I'm sure there are millions more #perfectionistprobs.