Five Happy Things
Hey guys, Happy Sunday! I am enjoying a chilled out homey day. I do love Sundays. I'm watching the final of The Voice of Ireland as I'm writing this. They're all so good, I want them all to win! I'll probably find some treats after this and just watch telly and maybe some YouTube for the night, yay for productivity! haha. Anyways, here are five happy things from the week that was:
- Last Sunday my niece Sophie had her 7th birthday party. 'Twas a lovely sunny outdoor party with lots of treats and cake and a glass or two of wine for the adults. My cousins who live pretty far away came down to celebrate so it was nice to spend some quality time with them.
- I know I say the weather every week but whatevs! This week was another gorgeous one and one of the highlights was getting to eat ice-cream outside TWICE this week. Seriously guys, I can't remember the last time I did that. Two other teachers and I went for ice-cream during break (so grown up) I opted for a twister. Another time I had one of those new Cornetto taco's; if you haven't tried them you're missing out!
- I visited so many people last Monday. The whole day was basically travelling from house to house. It was lovely catching up with an old friend and her gorgeous little boy who was outside making a mess in a sand-pit!
- I went out with my sister and her husband Saturday night. We went in to town for a few drinks. It was lovely to go out with them as I don't do it often. It's nice to have some quality time with our nearest and dearest every now and again, don't ya think?
- I started making home made pizzas this week. I really wish I had a picture to share with this post - damn it! I just use pitta bread with pasta sauce and whatever is available for toppings - usually ham, mushroom and peppers (and cheese obvs!) They are so simple and delicious. I'll probably be having them for lunch everyday for the next fortnight.
Right, I think I'm off to make another one of those pizza thingies! I hope you all had a lovely week. And if not, that's OK too! We all have rubbish days and weeks from time to time, the secret, I think is to stay positive and force yourself to find some of the happy things.