Christmas with Kirsty
I have decided to do a little 'Christmas with ___' series where I ask some fellow bloggers festive questions and they share some of their Christmassy photos with us. First up is the lovely Kirsty from 'Think Like Kirst', check out her blog, it's amazing and one of my favourites. Now I will hand you over to the lady herself...
Hi lovely 'Dreaming Again' readers!
I’m Kirsty from Think Like Kirst, and I’m so excited to have been invited to take part in the Christmas series that the lovely Sinead is running. (Bit of a pinch yourself moment – Love her blog!) I love Christmas, I think it’s my favourite season as you get to wear cute jumpers and wrap up warm with blankets by the fire.
My answers to Sineads questions:
1. What is most important to you about the holidays? Spending time with my family and also seeing their reactions when they open their presents too. I love the atmosphere in the mornings.
2. What is your favourite Christmas tradition? I don’t think we really have a tradition as such but I tend to be the first one to wake up then it’s like dominoes.. I’ll wake my brother up and then we’ll sit talking until one of us is brave enough to wake my parents! I think that’s my favourite - just because it’s hilarious. It happens every year without fail and we get the same reactions/answers every year.
3. What are you doing for the holidays this year? Probably working most of it, retail and Christmas literally is a total whirlwind and extra busy. But probably staying inside the house all day, eating, and watching too many Christmas films to count on one hand.
4. Will you dress up for Christmas Day or wear comfy clothes? It all depends as last year I wore what I was given as gifts, but I’m one to sit in my pajamas for a few hours then I’ll get dressed up in heels and a pretty dress because it’s Christmas!
5. When do you start to get excited for Christmas / feel 'Christmassy'? The past few years, it hasn’t felt like Christmas until the week before, but this year I have Michael Buble’s Christmas CD at hand and ready to play in a few weeks time. Plus I have a few decorations up and I really need to finish them off to give my room more of a Christmassy feel – Then I’ll be excited.
6. What's at the top of your Christmas list this year? Id say either the pink Fujifilm Instax mini 8 camera or the MAC 15 slot eye shadow palette that you can build yourself as a girl can never have enough eye shadows! I know how expensive make up can be but I thought it’d be a fun thing to collect/ refill – especially if you use them all the time.
7. What is your all time favourite Christmas song? Hmm, I actually don’t know! I love Do They Know Its Christmas, White Christmas, Merry Christmas (War Is Over), Last Christmas, Winter Wonderland and All I Want For Christmas. So. Many. Hard to choose!
8. What is your all time favourite Christmas movie? I’d have to say either Love Actually, Miracle On 34th Street, The Holiday, Beauty and the Beast: An Enchanted Christmas, Christmas Carol: The Movie. Such hard decisions when picking a favourite – I’ve probably missed quite a few good films!
9. What is your favourite Christmas meal / treat? I don’t know why but the tinned Ham/Oven cooked Gammon, or sausages wrapped in Bacon! But for me it comes down to the puddings – so many to choose from and all Christmas to eat them.
So there you have it! We’d love to know what’s on your Christmas list this year and also what your favourite Christmas song and film is. Is there too many to choose from or is there a definite favourite that stands out!? Once again - A massive thank you to Sinead for having me! I think I got a bit too excited talking about this particular time of year.
Merry Christmas and lots of love,