Quick Catch Up & Simple Sunday #4
I hope you have all had a happy weekend. I've been a bit MIA on the blog front lately. I have no excuses apart from I just didn't feel like blogging and if I force myself to do it the posts would just turn out rubbish and not up to my usual superb standards. That was sarcasm, in case you didn't pick that up haha. Nonetheless, I am kind of sad I didn't do a Simple Sunday last week because that week was SO good and it would have been nice to write about it!
I'm writing this post at 1 am on Saturday night / Sunday morning. I'm at my sisters house babysitting my nieces and nephew and I am all on my lonesome. I don't mind being alone at all, I actually enjoy my own company, it's the boredom that gets me! there is literally nothing on tv apart from repeats of 'The Big Bang Theory', which I've seen a zillion times before. So I started reading a new book 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green to pass some time. Have any of you read it? I would love to know if you think it's good or not. I was pretty disappointed by John Greene's 'The Fault in Our Stars', it was good and all, I mean I finished it in 3 days which is quick for me so it's obviously a page turner but it really did not live up to the hype at all for me. Maybe I'll do a book review on here, that would be something different for my blog eh?!
Anywayyys, on to filling you all in on the simple things that made my week this week!
- Going for long walks down a quiet country road whilst listening to the radio on my phone has been something that I have really enjoyed doing this week. It's good to just escape from the world and have some 'me' time. The pictures you see above were taken on my walk. I walk down a dead end road, at the end of which is a pond.
- Getting all dolled up and going out with friends on Friday night was a lot of fun. The night did not go quite to plan, the nightclub was really bad, it was basically empty so we left, we all got pizza (which was the most Amazing pizza I have ever tasted, I had to put a capital A for amazing there haha) and went home early. I definitely think getting such delicious pizza is a win though!
- My friend and I went out for dinner on Tuesday night to a lovely little Italian place. I had some gorgeous pasta, (I am sounding like such a fatie in this post haha) and we had a great chat about what is going on in each others lives.
- My little Nephews apparent interest in a future career in carpentry really made me smile this week too as he was so eager to help my dad make a picnic bench.
- Hot days this week have been such a pleasure too. It hasn't been too hot, just perfect if you ask me. God, I love summer!
I would love to hear about the little things that added a certain spark to your week! I feel very out of the blogging loop at the moment, hopefully I will get a chance to catch up on my bloglovin' feed over these next few days.
Love you all,