My top tips to get through University
- Join a club or society you enjoy, there are millions (slight hyperbole! haha) in most uni's and it's a great way to meet like minded people.
- Go to your lectures! So many people I knew throughout the four years have barely gone to their lectures, just because you're not pushed like in school doesn't mean you shouldn't be responsible. If you don't you will have no idea what's going on and/or lose interest in your course. I barely missed any lectures myself, go on... call me a swat!
- Plan your time. Remember, in uni everything is in your hands because you are meant to be mature enough now to care about your future. DO NOT leave an assignment to the night before. I have seen others do this a lot. I'd imagine it's very stressful and will make you hate your course! get started early and give yourself time.
- Same goes for study, trust me, you cannot learn 12 weeks of information in 1 or 2 nights no matter how many coffees or high performance beroca boosts you take! If you think you can you are demented haha.
- Take notes in lectures - write down what they say, not what's on their lecture slides - it's that what will give hints on what to expect in exams. Like when I'm teaching a class it's the important things I spend more time talking about, it's common sense :)
- Arrange study groups with your friends. This is great because you can learn from each other! and come up with different ideas on a topic.
- For exams, look at the past papers (probably online) you will notice that the same kind of things always come up. It makes it so much easier to know what you should be focusing on.
- Don't forget to have fun! be social, go out with friends, do stuff! these are the best years of your life. You don't have to be a proper adult yet. Your only worries are your assignments and exams. Make the most of being a student, you learn all the big life lessons and make the most memories outside of the classroom.
I hope this helps! If you are starting uni, I am so jealous! I'm not going to lie, now that I'm finished university, no longer a student and have to be 'a proper adult' I do have some regrets about not living my student life the best way I could. You only get to be a student for a short while so do enjoy, but be smart too!