Saturday Summary #1
Hey everyone, how are you all doing? I thought I would try and start a new series called 'Saturday Summary' where I would, as the name suggests, summarise my week! I literally just thought of this now on a Saturday night so hopefully the following weeks I will have more pictures to share. I took, like, no pictures this week! Anyways, I will just fill you in on how my week was.
- The picture shows a flood down the road from my house. It was caused by crazy rain and storms the previous weeks but this week it has retracted in from the road, thank God! I wasn't enjoying having to take a de-tour.
- Went back to teaching practice this week. Was a bit sad to see the end of Christmas, but I was being very lazy and felt pretty useless so it is good to be back. I was in Uni before Christmas and hadn't been in school since the beginning of November so I was a bit nervous to go back to my classes but it already feels like I have never left.
- Starting at 9 am every single day really took it out of me! I am in no way used to that. I had to have a nap every day this week and I've just felt exhausted and a bit rubbish. I'm really hoping that next week I have more energy and motivation.
- I've been trying to eat healthier lunches this week. I am SO sick of sandwiches. It hasn't really gone very well, next week I think I'm going to go shopping and pick up some healthy bits. Any suggestions for a healthy, yummy and energising lunch?
- I have been really enjoying being back with my three friends who are doing the same course and are on teaching practice with me. We have some good and fun chats in the staffroom everyday and it feels lovely because we are all there to support each other.
- I am missing my other college friends though who are on teaching practice all over the country and are pretty far away, we message each other all the time though. I am just really thankful that I have 11 great friends who are all going through exactly what I'm going through, we can share stories and experiences and it just makes the whole teaching thing a little less lonely.
- One thing that really made me smile this week were my nieces and nephew. One of my nieces came for a sleepover on Friday night and I had a good chuckle when she called a permanent marker a 'pregnant marker' hehe. My 18 month old Nephew was here today and I spent a good half hour dancing to Katy Perry with him.
So there's my week! I feel like I've just been exhausted for most of it. I hope next week I have more energy. Do any of you have tips on building up energy and not always being tired?